Nutrition: calories 165, fat 2.7 g, carbs 19.4 g, fiber 1.2 g, sugars 7.9 g, sodium 280.1 mg, protein 8.4 g, Weight Watchers points 3
6 thin to medium slices of a soft French bread (Found in the deli department of the market. There should be only 1 gram of fat per serving. Try getting the lowest fat and calorie you can find. They usually have a large variety in most markets.)Directions:
One 25-calorie packet of diet hot cocoa mix
1 1/2 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder, not Dutch processed
1/4 cup boiling water
1/2 cup fat free liquid egg substitute
1/2 tbsp Land O' Lakes light butter with canola, melted and cooled
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp mini chocolate chips
1 tbsp fat free caramel topping
2 tbsp marshmallow fluff
Fat free aerosol whipped cream, about 2 tbsp each
Spray 2 ramekins with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large coffee mug, combine the cocoa mix, cocoa powder and boiling water. Stir well to combine and there are no lumps of chocolate. Set aside to cool off just a few minutes.
- In the meantime, cut your bread and place in the toaster oven to toast to a light to medium golden color. (Nice and crunchy) Cut into cubes or chunks.
- Now add the liquid egg and butter to the chocolate mixture and mix well; add the vanilla extract and mix again.
- Pour this mixture into a medium mixing bowl and toss in the bread and coat each piece.
- Spoon the mixture into 2 ramekin dishes and place in microwave for 1 minute. Take out and toss 1/2 tbsp of chips on top of each pudding. Place back in the microwave for another 45 seconds. Take out one more time and place a tbsp of fluff over the top of each pudding and put back in one more time for about 10 to 15 seconds.
- Be very careful when taking the ramekins out. Make sure you use potholders.
- Drizzle a half tbsp caramel topping over each pudding and let cool down for about 10 minutes.
Makes 2 Bread Puddings