If you have checked on our blog, you will see we have another Kale chip recipe. That one is made with cinnamon sugar. When that recipe came out, I got so many positive responses and great feedback. It's been a while so I thought it was time to make another one. Dark chocolate anything sounded good to me. So that's why I paired it with the crispy kale chips. It's a great combo that I hope you all like. By the way, my six-year-old son loves this snack. I also served it recently when we had friends over. It was a huge hit. Even the husbands liked it. LOL!
Nutrition: calories 117.1, fat 2 g, carbs 20.6 g, fiber 2.5 g, sugars 6.1 g, sodium 86 mg, protein 4.5 g, Weight Watchers points 3
4 cups fresh kale, washed in cold water and dried well with paper towelsDirections:
1/4 tsp sea salt or kosher salt
1 tsp granulated sugar
1 tsp good quality honey or agave nectar
1/2 tsp almond milk or soy milk or if not making this vegan whole milk or cream
1 Tbsp plus 1/2 tsp semisweet or bittersweet chocolate chips or bar
Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Place non-stick aluminum foil, or regular foil on a cookie sheet and spray with cooking spray. Set aside.
- After you wash and dry the kale, break up or cut up into bite size pieces.
- Spray cooking spray over the kale and then sprinkle the salt.
- Bake for about 15 minutes and rotate the pan after about 10 minutes. Check to see if the kale is crispy after the cooking time. You may want to put back in the oven for 5 minutes more.
- Take out of the oven and mist with the cooking spray lightly. Sprinkle 1/2 tsp of the sugar over the kale and let cool.
- When the kale is almost cooled. Place the chips with the milk and honey in the microwave for about 20 seconds. Take out and stir, place back in for about 10 seconds. Stir until nice and smooth and shiny.
- With the tip of a spoon, drizzle the chocolate over the kale. Use a rubber spatula to get all the chocolate. Now sprinkle the last 1/2 tsp of sugar over the whole batch of chocolate covered kale.
- Place in fridge for only 3 to 5 minutes. No longer. Take out and let sit on the counter for about 10 minutes and dig in! Enjoy!